UPCOMING BLOG POSTS!

UPCOMING BLOG POSTS!!!!


-Soft skin all over!



-My exercises: broken down



-Summery beach tutorial



-What's in my purse



Friday, March 18, 2011

My Current Diet

Hello, so it is 4 AM and I cannot sleep because of the pain in my upper right abdomen (going to the doctor tomorrow for it). So, I decided to tell you how I've been eating the past two months.

SOME BACKGROUND ON ME WITH DIETS: I've never stuck to a diet in my whole 16 years of being, except for this one.

So, with that being said. This diet is very similar to the Atkins Diet. The reason I say very similar is because I have never researched the Atkins Diet, so I don't really know the details of it. I just know that it's a high protein diet, low/no carb diet.

Pretty much, I eat no carbohydrates whatsoever, practically no sugar, basically nothing good! Hehe.

Foods that are allowed: All meat, non-sugary dressings, all green lettuces, green vegetables in general, berries, cheese. That's about it.

Foods that are banned: All breads, grains, carbohydrates, starchy veggies, carrots, all fruits except berries, and anything with more than 1-2 grams of sugar per serving.

Yeah, so as you can see this isn't the most balanced diet, but I did lose 12-15 pounds in 6 weeks (with weight training + cardio 3 days a week) so, I'm pretty happy with those results.


PROS WITH THIS DIET:
-lost the weight
-can see definition in arms, and noticebally smaller ankles (? haha), and mid section)
-learned to completely cut out all my favorite foods completely, cold turkey.
-lost my cravings for carbs and sugar, so my blood sugar has definitely improved
-definitely stronger (all that protein haha)
-learned self control and will power
-I can envision myself transitioning very nicely into a different diet without plummeting back into old habits

CONS:
-extremely limited (since I'm picky and only eat 2 kinds of meat, don't really like veggies that much either)
-boredom is hard to deal with
-got so sick of some foods that my throat literally closed and I wouldn't eat it
-believed to have caused this pain in my gall bladder (confirming it tomorrow at the doctor, I'll keep you guys updated in a future blog post)
-I personally don't believe it's a very balanced diet. I'm not getting nutrients from whole grains, most fruits, and some veggies.
-My ability to fall asleep has seemed to decrease (it could or could not be diet related)

Yeah, so that's kind of a summary of how this has been working for me personally.

As for exercise, I do circuit training for different muscles on different days of the weak for around an hour, and then I do 50 minutes of cardio with my heart rate in my target heart rate zone, usually on the elliptical (or treadmill). ***THIS IS ALL UNDER THE SUPERVISION OF A PERSONAL TRAINER***

While exercising I have thrown up, numerous times, haha, which is new to me. I hadn't ever thrown up before (as a result of exercising).
I have noticed much more strength in myself, and who knew someone could feel so good after working out?

All in all: I'm not going to complain when I can stop eating so much meat. I actually plan on going vegetarian as soon as I'm allowed. I simply fed up (literally) from eating this way. Yet, I will continue doing so until I drop another 30 pounds.

If you have any questions feel free to comment. =)

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE CONSULT A DOCTOR FOR WHATEVER DIET/EXERCISE REGIMEN YOU WISH TO DO. JUST BECAUSE THIS DIET HAS WORKED FOR ME, DOES NOT MEAN IT WILL WORK FOR YOU. TAKE IDEAS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

No comments:

Post a Comment